Native Facebook not connecting on Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. S373N

S373N Member This Topic's Starter

I searched the threads and haven

Advertisement
  2. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

I just got my phone today, but see the same error when I try to add my facebook account information. It lets me enter my username and password, but gives the error when trying to confirm the information.

Did you find a resolution to the problem?

3. krshultz

krshultz Member

Just a gentle bump - mine's doing it too. I've installed the Market Facebook app, but still, I'd rather the built-in app work properly. In fact, it worked yesterday (!!). Deleting my account from the phone is also inop.

4. krshultz

krshultz Member

Perhaps I spoke to soon. As if by magic, the native FB stuff is working flawlessly. I guess I shouldn't be so quick to assume it's a problem with the phone - could have been on Verizon's end (or Facebook's) just as easily.

I think I'll hang on to the market version of FB though - it's a little more feature rich than the built-in, but the built-in is perfect for quick updates at a glance.

5. Mattjames245

Mattjames245 New Member

I've been looking everywhere trying to find people with the same issues as me. Well, issues with my phone (we won't go into the personal issues...)

1. Just like in these posts the native facebook app doesn't work, and when I try to remove it it says that option is 'not available. please retry later'

2. My news doesn't update anymore. I used to receive updates from USA Today and now when I tried re-adding the accounts, I'm not able to. Says 'Error. Try again later'. I can't wait any damn longer!

I've tried re-booting several times, but nothing seems to work. But I do believe it poignant to point out that I didn't have ANY of these problems until I updated to 2.2. I loved my phone up until all this stuff happened. Now I'm thinking of reverting back to my old Dare! :(