• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Native mail client IMAP issue

andhou

Lurker
Jun 14, 2012
Hi all,

I am trying to setup my imap email account with the native email client:

My mail address is alias@domain.com but my login to the account is xxxxxx@domain.com. I would of course like to have the alias@domain.com address appear when I send emails.

The mail client apparently does not allow you to do that. The address you enter at the first page of mail setup is used as the login and you are not allowed to choose a different login at any point during setup.

Does any one know a solution to this?

I could of course use a different mail client (it works perfectly in K 9) but the native client is the only one I have tried so far that can access my work exchange account.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Anders

Reactions: nick henderson
I also have this issue! I can set it up for outlook on my pc but native android mail doesnt seem to support this?!?!?

If anyone knows a way around this then please let me know.

Hi all,

I am trying to setup my imap email account with the native email client:

My mail address is alias@domain.com but my login to the account is xxxxxx@domain.com. I would of course like to have the alias@domain.com address appear when I send emails.

The mail client apparently does not allow you to do that. The address you enter at the first page of mail setup is used as the login and you are not allowed to choose a different login at any point during setup.

Does any one know a solution to this?

I could of course use a different mail client (it works perfectly in K 9) but the native client is the only one I have tried so far that can access my work exchange account.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Anders

Upvote 0

Nuts, nuts, nuts. I'm a K-9 Mail fan too but a drawback is it still only supports MS Exchange using the outdated WebDAV protocol. I'm guessing your work Exchange server is using the current ActiveSync. Somewhere in a K-9 Mail blog there's discussion about adding support for ActiveSync so hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later. But in the meantime you need an email app that works not just with typical IMAP mail service but EAS. Maybe try something like Nine-Exchange:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninefolders.hd3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones