Native SMS IssueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Kentzell42

Kentzell42 New Member This Topic's Starter

I searched through 8 pages and didnt find anything pertaining to this particular issue. Forgive me if I missed it.

I'm running my Native SMS app and every once in awhile, well every 2 days or so I'll get a message that pops up randomly saying something to the effect "android.sms...has stopped responding" and it forces me to hit the foreclose button and closes out the app. I have tried handsent and dont really care for it but I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue or if there is a way to fix it.

I do text a lot but I dont keep my inbox full. I usually only have texts from the girlfriend stored and delete the rest after I respond. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Dustin

Advertisement
  2. Kentzell42

no one has had this issue I'm guessing??

3. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

I have not personally had this issue with my Eris, I also am not an extreme texter like I used to be. Could be a glitch with the hardware, or a software problem. If it continually happens, I recommend Emailing Google with your problem, then, HTC. Wait for both their responses and see what you come up with.

If nothing can be corrected, and your within your return period, do a Hard Reset and see if that corrects your problem. This will erase everything on your phone you have done to it, excluding your contacts which are saved in your Google account.

If that doesn’t work and you still have force close issues, take it back. There is no reason to have to deal with a phone that doesn’t work like it is supposed to.

Hope this is helpful. Sorry if you had to wait a long while for a response.

4. itsglorious

itsglorious Member

Mine actually did this for a while. It stopped after a normal reboot.

My circumstances were a little different than yours though. I would get the force close whenever I was sending a text, and trying to check a notification at the same time. But like I said, it fixed itself after a reboot.

5. Kentzell42

6. MisterMcGoo

MisterMcGoo Well-Known Member

Nope. However, I text between 10 to 30 times a day. Not sure how that ranks on the mass texting scale. I assume it's low.