Nav MapsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. khannr

khannr Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm lead to believe that Nav has the maps preloaded on the DHD. Which country or countries would this be for? I'm in the UK and will be travelling to Portugal. Would I have the Portugal map already loaded by some small chance? If not, then how do I go about loading it?
    I don't want to go to Portugal and incur data charges if I use either Nav or Google Maps to find my way around.

Thanks

Raj

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Additional maps can be downloaded with the next edition of HTC Sync.

What maps are on your phone, you can see on the SD card with a file manager (e.g. Estrongs File Explorer)

/SD/.data/navigator/Data/Maps/

Harry

3. khannr

khannr Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that Harry. Turns out I have France, Ireland and UK.
    So if the only way for me to get other maps is via the next version of HTC Sync. Any idea when that is coming out? Is it something HTC Synch users will be automatically notified about or is it something we have to keep checking for?

4. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member

you could go to locations --> menu --> upgrade --> download maps

and download for portugal. as someone mentioned on a different post, locations is available only for 30-day trial after which you may not be able to access maps offline either (i guess)...but for now, enjoy!

Harry2 likes this.
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

anandv, you are right, thank you for the tip :)

To get other maps via the next version of HTC Sync I read in HTC Desire HD manual.
    Nice to have this other way, too :)

EDIT:
    I think, it is not only because of the 30-day trial. We have to distinguish with the Location app:
    maps = free
    navigation maps = to pay

Harry

6. drhunter

drhunter Active Member

Locations, with pre-downloaded maps, is free of charge for viewing and route planning.
    The cost element comes in if you want turn-by-turn navigation after the 30-day trial.
    You can buy a month, year or lifetime navigation license for each given map, which is handy if you're going to be driving when on holiday!