Nav quits to home screen!?! WTH??Support

Last Updated:

1. mhynek

mhynek Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm reposting this from a semi-related topic, but thought there would be more exposure here on it's own.

The other day I took a trip, put my X in the car dock, and set Nav to my destination. About an hour into my trip, Nav would intermittently close, and would return to the home screen. However, the app wasn't always completely FC'd, but running in the background, and could be returned to by dragging down the Notification bar and reselecting it. This continued for the last 2 hours of my trip and was extremely annoying. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution?

Advertisement
  2. zandroidx

zandroidx Well-Known Member

I've experienced this a number of times as well. And usually when I relaunch the app, it takes a while to recalculate the directions. Rebooting might help, haven't tried it yet.

3. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

Not in the car dock but I experienced this also. Ran fine for 20 min. then after that seem to revert back to home screen. Very frustrating.

4. Nolesfan

Nolesfan Well-Known Member

I had it happen several times to me the other day.

5. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

Happened to me too. I used it on a 1200 mile trip this past week. My fix was to reboot the phone. But then it happened intermittently every now and then even after that. No ATK running or anything that would have shut it down. I even had it "freeze" twice. All I can think of is a lack of memory.

On one occasion I got an error that said something like "memory too low - disabling traffic". Hopefully the next OTA will fix this or, someone knows what the cause is so I can remedy it. In other news, I just disabled car dock after rooting, so I wonder if that will fix it. I'll find out ;)

6. mhynek

Very curious what affect, if any, removing the dock application will have on the "Nav'Gate" situation...sorry, couldn't help it haha. Btw, just to clarify, I am not running an ATK either. I even went in to Settings/Battery Manager/ and changed my profile from Smart Mode to Performance, but that didn't help either. Strange.

7. xmnj

xmnj Active Member

It seems Motorola is aware of the issue, on the Motorola support forums a poster stated that their tech support was aware and working on a fix. I'll try to find the post link.

8. mhynek

It'd be great if you could post the link you found to soothe the fires that burn. As of now, I'm back to using Copilot 8 and loathe every minute of it. Hopefully there will be an update soon. Thanks for the hope though.

9. CrabbyPants

CrabbyPants Member

This actually was happening to me until I received the most recent over the air update. Go to Settings > About Phone> and hit System Updates. Also check in the marketplace for google maps and see if there is an update there.

10. j-representer

j-representer Member

I have also experience this problem. One way to overide it is to go to settings and just put the phone so it doesn't turn off. Of course after you arrive you can switch back to your normal setting for turning off screen.