• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Navagation shuts off my music permenately.

Hey kids, EVO newbie here. I was using iheart radio along with Google navigation a few days after getting the phone. It worked the way it should have, navigation voice comes on, radio pauses, navigation voice stops, radio resumes broadcasting.

Well tried to use it the same way and every time the nav. voice spoke the radio paused but wouldn't resume like it should have. I thought it might be the iheart radio app so I tried it with the stock music player and the same thing. Nav. voice speaks, music pauses, nav. voice ends, music doesn't resume.

What's up with that? That is one of the main features that turned me to the EVO!

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Someone said there was a bug in Android 2.1 that allowed us to play music and utilize the navigation app without any interference. However, that person is WRONG. Its based on the app. The app must allow it to run in the background. Mixzing will stop playing music when the navigation app talks, then continue to play the music. And I use Act 1 video player which runs video in the background so I can listen to a movie or music in the background as the navigation app does its thing. So developers have to make adjustments to their apps. Or the engineers have to make an adjustment to Froyo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones