Navigate text fieldsSupport

Last Updated:

1. edbro

edbro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

About the only thing I miss from my old WinOS phone is the arrow keys on the keyboard. I don't see that on my Dinc. So, how do you navigate inside a text field? If I want to correct a letter in the middle of a long piece of text, how do I get there? Currently I am using my big fat finger to try and place the cursor where I want but that is certainly not very accurate and usually takes several tries to get it where I want.

Earlier today I was editing an email addr in contacts and the long text exceeded the text window. I couldn't figure out how to even see the beginning of the text.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Tap as close as you can to the point of editing. Then just use the trackpad (the little circle on the bottom of the phone) to move the cursor. Drag your finger up, down, left, or right to move the cursor 1 character at a time.

3. edbro

edbro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you, I've been ignoring that little trackpad. I guess I need to get used to having that there.

4. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Haha same here, I have had the phone for weeks and have probably only used the trackpad like twice. Its very useful for web browsing and text editing if you remember to use it.