Navigate to Button IN WEB

Last Updated:

1. NetherAngel

NetherAngel Member This Topic's Starter

So not too long ago after an update, i realised the Navigate button while doing voice search has turned into show on map button, am i missing something here, or was it not a lot easier to just hit that navigate to button and bang your at the turn by turn directions? I noticed using the "navigate to" command often brings up numerous results and sometimes does not display the correct one. Using this before it would search the internet and give you multiple options for your destination and you could pick the one you like.

am i stuck with this way of using the navigation or is there a way to change a setting?

Advertisement
  2. publicanimal

publicanimal Well-Known Member

Boy is that a run-on sentence. I can't even decipher exactly what you're trying to say, sorry, but I'll try to help anyway.

If trying to get Turn-By-Turn Navigation to somewhere using voice search simply say "Navigate to xxxx" (xxxx being the place you want directions to) and your Droid should figure out the rest from there or ask you for clarification. Hope this helps.

3. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

+1
    You can go straight from voice command and also say "navigate to nearest..." and "map of..."

4. NetherAngel

lol sorry updated, was at work and spazzed out a question quick ! :D

So im guessing im stuck with it....grrr so much easier to use before. it picks up random words quite often.

5. publicanimal

Ah I understand what you're getting at, when you search for something and it pulls up the result in the browser, there's the "show on map" button next to the result. I didn't realize there was ever a navigate button there, I had never noticed.

It'll take a few clicks but you can click the "show on map" button, then click the arrow below the map to get directions, select "maps" when it asks which app you'd like to perform the action with, then click navigate. I guess you're right, there could just be a button that goes straight to navigation.

6. NetherAngel

thanks for the help anyway public, basically where the buttons used to be, if you do a voice search and the internet comes up, under the phone number of the place you searched (in this case a resteraunt) there used to be a button that said (navigate) instead of the show map button currently. This button used to take you DIRECTLY to turn by turn directions instead of a map, which was incredibly convenient.

7. publicanimal

I guess you're stuck with the hit or miss results doing a "navigate to" voice command, which when they work are pretty damn convenient!

8. NetherAngel

figured it out!!! nice, when you click show map, it gives you the options to click the one you need (if theres multiples), on the bottom right of the screen there is a little button with the navigate sign on it, which in turn takes you to the turn by turn!!!! oh i fail lol