• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Navigate to Home Page On Internet

axelbrora

Lurker
Dec 9, 2011
When browsing the internet is there a way to get back to the home page without pressing the back button continuously? I am using IE for browsing. Also when I go on to the internet it brings up the last page visited rather than the Home page, even when I use "kill apps" to make sure the application is totally killed. It seems pointless setting a Home Page. As a work around I have set my Home Page as a bookmark so can go back to it that way, but I must be missing something obvious.

Also is there a way to get rid of or hide the annoying Google search bar when looking at Google maps?

Any help would be appreciated.

Axel

are you sure the browser is MS Internet Explorer? I didn't think that was an option on Android

It is the browser that is pre-installed on the phone. When I first went on the internet I had a choice of Chrome and one other, which I chose, and thought was IE. Anyway same question and if Chrome has a "home icon" I will change to that but not sure how?

Axel

Upvote 0
It will be browser dependent. Whatever came with the phone is called the "stock" browser, not I.E.

I use chrome. A good browser for a lot of reasons(*). There is no home page but not particularly needed to my personal opinion. Swipe left/right accross the address bar at top to switch among page windows. Click on the number (number of windows) in upper right hand corner to pull up multi window view where you can switch to any page window or kill any page window by pressing its "x". You also have access to the "new tab" here at top of screen (you can also get new tab at any time from the menu).

The new tab is closest thing to homepage. It gives a screen where you have quick access to your bookmarks and most-accessed pages. Also of course, you can type any search you want directly into the address bar from any page, so there's no need to have a home page that you go to for searching.

* other reasons to like chrome: it syncs with your pc chrome bookmarks. The new version includes a data saving feature.

Sorry, this may not be particularly responsive to your question, but it's the best I can do. Different people want different things out of browsers.

Upvote 0
I just tried out the stock browser on my S4. Never used it before. Starts out on yahoo as homepage. It does have a provision to set any home page (menu button...settings....set homepage.... use current).

To get to the homepage apparently requires you to press menu button and select "homepage" from that menu.

Oddly enough, if I exit and go back into that browser, it still starts in yahoo. I can get to new homepage with menu/homepage but that yahoo seems stuck as startup page. No setting to change the startup page that I can see. Doesn't bother me because I don't use it, but seems pretty odd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones