Navigate with Maps or Nav? Landscape or Portrait?Support

Last Updated:

1. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As the title asks... just curious if y'all use Maps or Nav to navigate or if you use them at all.

I like using Nav just to show it off, but I prefer to navigate with Maps (when I need it) since I can see all the streets around me.

I also prefer portrait over lanscape on either Maps or Nav since I can see what is coming up better.

Anyway... just curious.

Advertisement
  2. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

I use Nav in portrait when in the car. On the street I use maps but it's really frustrating that it doesn't have any compass feature to make it easy to orient your self.

3. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

I use Nav so much I put it on my center homescreen. I use landscape.

4. closhedbb

closhedbb Well-Known Member

I prefer Nav because of the turn by turn. However, last night Nav tried to take me 11 miles out of the way getting to an apartment complex I had never been to. Once I got nearby, I could see it trying to turn me away from the complex to cross the Potomac River, over the Woodrow Wilson bridge, exit to a freeway, pull a U turn, drive back over the bridge, all so I could approach the complex on a one way street from the back side.

I just looked at it with Maps and found my own sensible route, which is when I use it over Nav.