• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Navigation App

Hi Friends,
I hope this is not a silly question, but What navigation apps will allow use of GPS coordinates to specify the starting point and destination for a route? All of them, right? or at least they should.:D

It isn't a silly question :), and I would agree that they all should do, but I can confirm that all the mapping/navigation apps that I use certainly allow input of coordinates for start and end locations and they are :-

Google Maps, OsmAnd, Magic Earth, Navigate (Route66) and MAPS.ME

Upvote 0
Reactions: Lana30 and AZgl1500
Upvote 0
Not quite never if you use the real time traffic.;)

In the grasslands where the Winds Blow Thru the Plains?????

The nearest Traffic area is in Dallas, Texas about 300 miles south of me....
surely you jest....
Real Time Traffic is a Joke........ by the time it is broadcast, the wrecks have been cleaned up and are gone.

Or, they have just occurred, and you are no better off than you were w/o RTT activated and you wasting your money.

I have two Garmin 2797 GPS units, both of them came with a six month RTT activated.
Neither one of them was worth a damn over 4,500 miles of a motorcycle tour I took in September.
I left Oklahoma, took the Interstates all the way, thru Little Rock Ar, Memphis TN, Birmingham AL, Atlanta GA, parts of Florida, most of North and South Carolina.......

Not once mind you, NOT ONCE did the Real Time Traffic ever put up an Alert.... it is a joke and totally useless.

I will never pay for it.

Upvote 0
In the grasslands where the Winds Blow Thru the Plains?????
I wish. :p I live in the northeast corridor, so when I'm dong a road trip it is worth having, knowing I can duck off the jammed road and get rerouted accurately. Your greater point is good, no maps downloading while in the road, and the data hit for traffic is unnoticeable for me.

Reactions: Lana30
Upvote 0
I wish. :p I live in the northeast corridor, so when I'm dong a road trip it is worth having, knowing I can duck off the jammed road and get rerouted accurately. Your greater point is good, no maps downloading while in the road, and the data hit for traffic is unnoticeable for me.

Yes, the tiny little nibble for getting a Traffic Alert update is so tiny, as to be unworthy of mention...
CoPilot having all map data on the SD card is a terrific help. It speeds up the map app immensely, there just simply is no delay when I ask it for something, the answers "just appear" right "now".

Reactions: Lana30
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones