rushmore Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    treb1797 likes this.
  2. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

The nice thing about the on screen nav keys, to me anyway, is that they ca be moded. Maybe a dev will make the whole bar thinner with smaller keys.
  4. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

That "WOULD" be nice "IF" someone did that. There is no reason they need to be as big as they are now.
  5. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

And...no one has done that yet for the GN. If anyone was to do smaller keys, it probably would have been done already.
  6. rushmore

Still, IF you are a gamer, the keys will be too easy to press by accident. ASUS added an option to disable the nav bar when gaming via a nav bar lock. Sure, the sapce is still taken up, but no touch accidents. The TF300 has the feature, but doe not really need it, but 7" and smaller do need it. Especially less than 5".
  7. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

yep, I'll miss the 4.8 S3 and no soft keys. The ultimate combo. I'm waiting to see the Note II though.
  8. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

JBSourcery has an option to make the keys smaller. There are maybe 5 or 6 size options from normal size down to almost unusable. Its a great ROM with a ton of options for mods.
  9. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

That is excellent. Now, is that a ROM or an app? I.e. wouldn't be very good for the upcoming RHD IF its a ROM. I'm not a ROM'er myself, but if it is possible via Root, wow, I'd jump on that. I'd like little keys myself. Look how thin the hard clicky keys are on the Droid X.
  10. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

Oh wait, maybe I didn't understand correctly. When you said keys I thought you meant the soft keys or on screen buttons - do you mean actual onscreen keyboard?

Sorry if I threw you off there. JBSourcery is a ROM. One of the million different options in that ROM is to resize those on screen buttons so that the visible screen is bigger. I got excited and made them the minimum size until I realized they were so small I could barely get them to register when I hit them.
  11. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

The on screen buttons back, home, menu exactly as you described above. I wish I didn't have to install a rom though as I probably won't do that.
  12. tdperry

tdperry Well-Known Member

I won't as the more I read about the HD the less likely I am to get it. The 4.8" screen on the S3 is just about right. And now that the bootloader is unlocked it is a great phone for the DEV'S to develop for. It will be interesting to see if Motorola will keep their word about unlocked / unlockable phone.
  13. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I had a G Nex...and I'm in the camp of dont like the on screen keys. I actually liked the hard keys on my Droid X the best.
  14. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member

I like the dedicated hard keys also, but Im ready to ditch the clicky hard keys on my dx.
  15. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

On HoneyComb the soft keys often hide into three little circles that float above things. That would be a good solution.
  16. rushmore

Honeycomb sadly only darkens the nav bar, so the space is still wasted.