navigation changedGeneral

1. ladycat723

ladycat723 Member

My navigation got changed from the default and I cant get it back. Seems to have happened after someone used my s4 and signed me into google chrome. Instead of turn by turn voice, it is mow google maps. How do I get the navigation default back?

Advertisement
  2. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Try

1. Go to settings.

2. Go to Application Manager.

3. Switch to the All listing with a right swipe.

4. Tap on the app you want to change.

5. Tap the Launch By Default to remove the default privilege for that app

Once you done with that, you will need to do some activity to invoke the pop up with list of apps and choose new default. Try sms-ing yourself a link to maps. It should then ask which app you want to use, then set that app as new default.
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You miss the blue Navigation icon?
    Google Maps got a major update and this is one of the results.
    You'd launch Navigation inside of Google Maps (this road fork icon).

There're a few threads about like ... http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5968902

Harry
  4. ladycat723

ladycat723 Member

Tried that.... the navigation blue arrow... doesnt show up in all list
  5. ladycat723

ladycat723 Member

It shows up in my app list, but the app is different. It used to have a button to speak destination, a button to type destination, a button for default home address.... and would list most recent destinations.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Look at your Google Maps version, if it's version 7.0.1 then you've got this major update.
    With this update the blue Navigation icon is vanished.

Harry
    ladycat723 likes this.
  7. Asphaltcowboy

Asphaltcowboy Active Member

My Google maps updated too. There's no blue navigation icon anymore when you open Google maps, but I still have the navigation icon when I click on the apps button on my home page.
  8. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

I posted this in another thread that a mod deleted. They took the crappy version they created for iOS and ported it to Android. Initially it sucks but you get used to it pretty quick. You can uninstall the updates and go back to the old version.
    ladycat723 likes this.
  9. josborne6

josborne6 Well-Known Member

I did the update to the new version but kept my icon...? [​IMG]
  10. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Maps has updated on two different devices that I have, both still have the Navigation icon in the All Apps view. I just checked, it still works.
  11. Asphaltcowboy

Asphaltcowboy Active Member

Disregard my previous post. The blue navigation icon is still there when you open maps. Once you enter your to and from information, the navigation appears in the lower right corner of the screen and once you tap it, you get turn for turn voice directions.
  12. ladycat723

ladycat723 Member

Just to clarify, the blue navigation icon is still in the app list. But it is not in the application manager list.

Appears I got the update...ugh. not sure I am brave enough to uninstall the update.
    Harry2 likes this.
  13. Screech

Screech Well-Known Member Contributor

Anyone found a way to do overlays for gas station or food without having to leave the navigation view and go to explorer with this new version?
  14. joeandbuck

joeandbuck New Member

Ladycat, here's how you do it.

1. go to "settings"
    2. click on "more" in the top navigation bar
    3. click on "application manager"
    4. should show downloaded applications, scroll down to Chrome
    5. Click on Chrome, and uninstall updates
    6. Then, scroll down to maps
    7. Click on maps and uninstall updates
    8. Resume navigating on what is undoubtedly the best navigation application in existence.

Why Google is trying to switch users to the new google maps is beyond me. Bottom line...it's just not as good as the default application already installed on my phone.
    jmt9779 likes this.