• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Navigation does not pause playback

Dreamsongs

Feb 7, 2010
Greetings again!

I use the navigation feature a lot. I also listen to audiobooks or music as I use the Navigation feature.

My OG Droid would pause media playback (regardless if it was Sirius, Audible, Rhapsody or Music player) while giving Driving Directions.

My new Bionic just "Talks" over whatever media is playing.

Is there a setting for pausing media playback so that driving directions can be heard and understood?

Also, there used to be a separate volume control on the OG Droid for navigation volume. On the bionic I can not find it. Are we stuck with the media volume controlling both music and navigation volume at the same time? The music is sometime too loud, and the Navigation "voice" too soft.

I have installed the Volume Control App. I had that app on the OG Droid as well. The Navigation volume on the OG Droid would only show up when using the volume button when the navigation app was active.

Also, while on the topic of Volume: When using bluetooth, and activating Voice Commands, the "Voice" blows out my ears drums. It is way too loud. I can not adjust the volume or find any setting for Voice Commands. Any Ideas?

Thanks again for your help!

Dave

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones