Navigation going black??????

Last Updated:

1. pEktaS

pEktaS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my exit was closed for construction so i pop out my droid x bring up my home shortcut and have it start tellin me how to get home, great

after a few minutes the screen goes black i thought i bumped something and shit it off so i brought it up again, same thing did this all the way home

i tried it again a few days later with same result i tried changing abttery settings and everything

any1 else having this problem? what good is navigatino if it shuts off while your lost

Advertisement
  2. sneakybulldog

sneakybulldog New Member

3. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

After the most recent Google Maps update, while using my nav it would kick back to the destination entry screen, I cycled the power once and have not had an issue since.
    It's possible that doing so would help your issue.

4. pEktaS

pEktaS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hopefully 2.2 fixes it, either way its really annoying since i sold my regular gps because i had no need for it

5. GSBJackson

GSBJackson Member

Test this for yourself. Apparently if you are in car dock (or multimedia dock) mode, Navigation will NOT go black and time out the screen. It would be nice to have a setting for this so you don't have to force "dock mode" to keep it from going black.