Root Navigation is not working after rooting and putting Skyraider 3.0 rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rmattar23, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Rmattar23

Rmattar23 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    so i recently installed a rom using rom manager. I installed skyraider 3.0 rc3 with sense and everything is fine except when i use the navigation, it stays on the searching for gps or loading screen forever and doesnt work. Do u guys know what i can do to fix this without having to change the rom or unrooting??

also, if i have the free version of rom manager, does it only allow me to download one rom cause when i try to download another it says download error?? also, is it easy to switch between roms or do u have to restore the phone/reboot it and then download a new rom??

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    Make sure you also update to the latest radio

Switching ROMs is fairly easy. Just do a nandroid backup, and make a note of what ROM you use and the time you do the backup. Then when you want to go back, just restore that nandroid backup.

3. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Environmental
    Central NJ
    I'm running the same ROM as you, and have used the Navigation with no problems... have you tried simply restarting the phone with a battery pull? Is 3G on?

The way I switch ROMs is usually via nandroid backups... once I have a ROM set up the way I want, I'll do a nandroid backup of that ROM. Then if I want to switch back, just restore that backup. Note: I've read that renaming the backups will cause problems, so keep a text file detailing what each backup folder contains.

4. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Environmental
    Central NJ
    Also, just an FYI there is an update to 3.2 RC3 for Skyraider + Sense. That's actually what I'm running... you should be able to flash it right over 3.0 with no wipe needed.

5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Am I the only one who couldn't get GMail to work under the 3.0 ROM? I flashed the update that supposedly fixed GMail and it didn't work either. Strangely enough 2.5.2 works just beautifully for me.

6. Rmattar23

Rmattar23 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    @ necosino

is the nandroid backup the backup button on the rom manager app?? and so all i have to do is switch between the different saved backup on that backup screen right? what would u suggest to do with the download error in rom manager and also im getting a message in the android market of "not enough space" when i try to download an app and i think i do have enough.

7. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    VIP Member

Gonna move this to the Root subforum so you can get some better help

8. Rmattar23

Rmattar23 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    hey how do i upgrade to the latest radio???? and what does that do?