• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Navigation is not working after rooting and putting Skyraider 3.0 rom

Rmattar23

Sep 3, 2010
so i recently installed a rom using rom manager. I installed skyraider 3.0 rc3 with sense and everything is fine except when i use the navigation, it stays on the searching for gps or loading screen forever and doesnt work. Do u guys know what i can do to fix this without having to change the rom or unrooting??

also, if i have the free version of rom manager, does it only allow me to download one rom cause when i try to download another it says download error?? also, is it easy to switch between roms or do u have to restore the phone/reboot it and then download a new rom??

I'm running the same ROM as you, and have used the Navigation with no problems... have you tried simply restarting the phone with a battery pull? Is 3G on?

The way I switch ROMs is usually via nandroid backups... once I have a ROM set up the way I want, I'll do a nandroid backup of that ROM. Then if I want to switch back, just restore that backup. Note: I've read that renaming the backups will cause problems, so keep a text file detailing what each backup folder contains.

Upvote 0
@ necosino

is the nandroid backup the backup button on the rom manager app?? and so all i have to do is switch between the different saved backup on that backup screen right? what would u suggest to do with the download error in rom manager and also im getting a message in the android market of "not enough space" when i try to download an app and i think i do have enough.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones