Navigation is not working after rooting and putting Skyraider 3.0 rom

Last Updated:

1. Rmattar23

Rmattar23 Member This Topic's Starter

so i recently installed a rom using rom manager. I installed skyraider 3.0 rc3 with sense and everything is fine except when i use the navigation, it stays on the searching for gps or loading screen forever and doesnt work. Do u guys know what i can do to fix this without having to change the rom or unrooting??

also, if i have the free version of rom manager, does it only allow me to download one rom cause when i try to download another it says download error?? also, is it easy to switch between roms or do u have to restore the phone/reboot it and then download a new rom??

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Make sure you also update to the latest radio

Switching ROMs is fairly easy. Just do a nandroid backup, and make a note of what ROM you use and the time you do the backup. Then when you want to go back, just restore that nandroid backup.

3. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member

I'm running the same ROM as you, and have used the Navigation with no problems... have you tried simply restarting the phone with a battery pull? Is 3G on?

The way I switch ROMs is usually via nandroid backups... once I have a ROM set up the way I want, I'll do a nandroid backup of that ROM. Then if I want to switch back, just restore that backup. Note: I've read that renaming the backups will cause problems, so keep a text file detailing what each backup folder contains.

4. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member

Also, just an FYI there is an update to 3.2 RC3 for Skyraider + Sense. That's actually what I'm running... you should be able to flash it right over 3.0 with no wipe needed.

5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who couldn't get GMail to work under the 3.0 ROM? I flashed the update that supposedly fixed GMail and it didn't work either. Strangely enough 2.5.2 works just beautifully for me.

6. Rmattar23

@ necosino

is the nandroid backup the backup button on the rom manager app?? and so all i have to do is switch between the different saved backup on that backup screen right? what would u suggest to do with the download error in rom manager and also im getting a message in the android market of "not enough space" when i try to download an app and i think i do have enough.

7. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Gonna move this to the Root subforum so you can get some better help

8. Rmattar23

hey how do i upgrade to the latest radio???? and what does that do?