Navigation/Music problem + general car BT issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. gurana

gurana Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Originally I was going to ask about an issue of listening to music (either Pandora or HTC Music App) and using the Nav (google maps.) Before froyo, I could listen to either Pandora or HTC Music App over my car's BT, when a new nav direction would come on, the music would fade in then out. This thread suggests that it's an issue with either/both apps. Suggests that bmusic app (I've never used this) works for this purpose. Did not seem to offer a fix for Pandora; only that it seems it would need an update from them to fix.

My other issue is hearing the nav directions when my car stereo is set to something other than bluetooth audio. Effectively, it seems that the car is viewed the same as earphones. This way, when they're connected, audio will not play via the phone's speaker. If I'm listening to either the radio, CD, or USB I simply don't hear the instructions -- the phone still outputs to these bluetooth "headphones", but the stereo isn't set to that output. As I gather, my two options are:

1. turn off BT
    2. under options, turn off BT audio only

both of these options should make it so that I can listen to any other audio I wish, and listen to directions via the phone's speaker.

Turning the BT on and off is a pain, but fairly easy as I've got a toggle button on my primary home screen. However, it means that I'd have to forgo handsfree BT phone while listening to other types of audio.

Toggling the BT media option would be better, except the only way I know how to do that would be to go into the options for my car's entry in the bluetooth settings, and shut off just the "bluetooth media", leaving the phone connected. I'm told this may work, though I've not tried it yet. However, even before that, it poses a problem for switching between listening to BT audio and other audio. The option for doing this is at least 3 clicks deep -- I'd like to avoid this while driving. Is there some sort of shortcut I could use to toggle just the bluetooth media? (kind of like a shortcut for toggling the bluetooth radio?)

Of course, in a perfect world, what I'd prefer is that the audio for Nav always comes over the speakers, regardless of what mode my stereo is in. The phone will work regardless of other stereo settings, but that's different I suppose. Still, if someone has a tip for getting that to happen, I'd love to read about it.

Advertisement
  2. gurana

gurana Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

fyi: my guesses above worked out...

I downloaded music playerpro (like $3) and it works to stream via BT and allow for google maps nav directions.

Listening to other inputs (e.g., USB) works if you turn off just the media portion of the BT connection. Allows for hands free phone, and google maps nav directions play via dinc speaker.

Pandora still cuts off when directions come up. Only solution here is to go back in and press play again. Not bad if there aren't too many turns, eh?