1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Navigation Options and Thoughts

Last Updated:

1. ToNrDrOiD

ToNrDrOiD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been messing with both the Sprint navigation and the Google navigation that comes on the sprint EVO. I must say that i like the google navigation better as whole. You can search for a business in google and then click on get directions in google and it can take u right to your google native navigation app on your phone with the address already plugged in. Two thinks i favor over the google nav is sprints traffic alerts and re-routes .. and the voice that is used on the sprint one vs the google one.

What is everyone elses thoughts on the Navs out there for their android phones?

Advertisement
  2. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Between TeleNav and Google Nav... biggest thing is that one is freeware, and the other isn't.

IMHO, TeleNav is more polished; more options make it a little sharper.

GNav is not bad either. I was pleasantly surprised.

3. TexVik

TexVik New Member

I prefer Sprint Nav for the voice quality alone. With Google Nav I just don't understand the street names, while the Sprint Nav pronunciation is usually right on.

4. svanelet

svanelet Member

Here is a point by point comparison of key features for TeleNav and other mapping services: TeleNav

5. ToNrDrOiD

ToNrDrOiD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

6. supermonkey1964

supermonkey1964 New Member

In my opinion Google Maps is hands down the best. Especially considering it's FREE, hard to believe it will stay that way though considering how great it is, and getting better all the time. But i hope it does. :)

Admittedly though the voice could use some work, but that's also true of most GPS though, including the expensive ones.

7. viva.fidel

viva.fidel Member

Click the link for a Android Sat Nav Apps comparison

I've got CoPilot 8 on my PC, waiting for Froyo on my Desire as I don't have space for the app, heard it's meant to be good, and it has speed camera POIs.. something sorely missing from Google's Sat Nav