Navigation screen rotation

Last Updated:

1. agemme27

agemme27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to make the map rotate in naviagation so that you are always pointing up insead of North always being at the top of your screen?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Once you set a destination point and the DROID actually starts navigating, it leaves North UP view. Otherwise, I don't think you can make it display the direction you're traveling if it isn't navigating.

3. agemme27

agemme27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

for some reason I thought there was a way to toggle that option (North up, your direction up).

4. visualvalhalla

visualvalhalla Well-Known Member

Touch the blue arrow on the bottom left corner of the screen. It should toggle North or Track up modes.

5. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

I've had this issue as well, and it seems to always happen when I have my wife trying to get the navigation set up and my car charger plugged in :rolleyes:.

The solution has always been to press menu, exit navigation, then immediately re-open the navigation app. If I remember correctly, your destination should still be in there and the navigation view should default to pointing in the direction you are traveling.

There must be a setting somewhere to toggle this (right??) but I haven't found it.