Navigation sounds through earpiece only

Last Updated:

1. ImBatman

ImBatman Member This Topic's Starter

When using Car Home mode - whether in the dash mount cradle or not - all navigation directions are coming through the earpiece speaker (above the word "Motorola" on the front) instead of the louder speaker-phone speaker (on the back). Totally useless.

I have Bluetooth turned off, so that shouldn't be the problem. Turning up the volume only increases the earpiece volume, it doesn't activate the other speaker. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Chadster

Chadster New Member

BUMP - I have the same problem!!! Very frustrating... I've tried every setting I can think of but I'm missing something

3. ImBatman

ImBatman Member This Topic's Starter

Me too. I'm thinking it's a bug. Strange that it would only affect a limited number of units though.

4. kmfdmk

kmfdmk Well-Known Member

Soft resetting (Turning off phone and turning phone back on) seemed to fix the problem for me. Can't believe I didn't think to do the old "Reboot" trick. Worked for me for now. I was also having the same problem on audio playback as well.

5. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member

Lot of people are reporting this. I'm sure it will be fixed in an update.

6. derrickonline

derrickonline Member

Same problem, but mine wasn't navigation it was notification tones. I suspect that when you were having only navigation sounds coming through your notification sounds were only coming out of the headset or earpiece only as well.

I was wondering why I wasn't hearing my alerts for text or emails. A reboot fixed it. Hope this doesn't happen often.