• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Navigation through Bluetooth headset

everytime i use my navigation app i have to turn off my bluetooth or i can't hear the directions. Is there any way around this? seems like it used to work fine with the bluetooth on before i upgraded my software. I'm using an Droid 2.

The update made my phone act crazy in several different ways. One of those seems to be a default of having the volume at zero everytime I start up an app that uses blutooth. Sirius, radio apps, everything. I finally tried just turning the volume up with the volume rocker on the side of the phone. Level came up from zero and all was fine. Try turning the volume up after you start the app. It worked for me and all seems better now.

Upvote 0
I think I have the same problem so let me know if you figure it out. When the phone rings it interrupts and overrides the radio whereas the Android Nav does not? I suppose the logic there is that you definitely want to take phone calls but you may not want to hear the instructions for your next turn?

My HTC phone connects to my car radio via A2DP so there is something else giong on. Android nav plays through the aux mp3 on the radio, which of course you cannot hear if you are listening to fm or XM for example.

I am pretty sure this is something that the software engineers will have to address. The Nav should be able to use the bluetooth interface the same way the phone does as both are high priority. My workaround for now is to simply play music from my phone, which does get interrupted by the turn by turn directions as one would want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones