NavigationSupport

1. CyreneK

CyreneK Well-Known Member

When connected to Bluetooth, and music from the stock app is playing, navigation voice does not come through completely. Only partial words will be said or nothing at all, only muting my music. If music is turned off, it works normally. Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. bobolinko

bobolinko Well-Known Member

I'm not hsving that problem at all... Maybe your music is too loud? Try setting it lower an then using the nav via bluetooth. Actually, mine does well at any volume tho.

What carrier/model/rom are you using anyway?
    It's easier to help when we know what the scenario you are in!
  3. CyreneK

Volume isn't loud at all. I thought I posted this under Samsung Galaxy S4. Tapatalk is confusing to me now... Anyway, I'm completely stock. Verizon.
  4. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

If the OP's problem is the same as mine, it's not a volume issue, but a delay issue. The phone pauses the music in order to get the navigation directions out, but it needs to wait a second or so before it starts speaking. What I hear is: music ... music ... music stops ... silence ... the last few words of the directions ... music again. It's like the act of pausing the music overrides the first few words of the directions.

I do not have a cure for this, but I can confirm the problem.

I noticed (when resetting every damn setting of my phone after last night's post-4.3 FDR) that there's a setting (under Accessibility) whereby you can slow down your text to speech. I haven't tried it, but I expect it might result in you hearing more (if not all) of the navigation directions in this circumstance (although slowing the pace would certainly have a downside).
    CyreneK likes this.
  5. CyreneK

Yes, that is exactly my problem. Tried fooling with those settings you mentioned, but it didn't help. But thank you for your response. At least I know I'm not alone.
  6. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

This problem has come along since 4.3. (MJ5 for me)
    It only affects the stock music player as far as I'm aware. (at least this is what my tests have concluded). I've tried this on two navigation apps (google navigation and Waze) and both have the problem.

You can get around it by playing music through Google Play Music instead.
    This does not pause the music, but instead carries on playing it at a very low volume in the background whilst the directions are being spoken.

I don't like the Google Music app half as much as the stock samsung music player, but at least its a work around so please let us know if anyone finds a work-around for the stock samsung music player.
    Adara and CyreneK like this.
  7. CyreneK

Thank you so much! That works perfectly. I'd much rather have it dim the music anyway. I would never have figured this out on my own.
    Adara likes this.
  8. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

This now seems to have been fixed with the release of MK8
  9. CyreneK

What is MK8?
  10. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

11. CyreneK

The problem started after the latest release. Factory resetting does nothing to fix it.