1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Navigon always running

1. stuart71

stuart71 Member

G'day All,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 with the Navigon Software installed. I find that even if I haven't used Navigon, it is still using battery power. When I look at the battery usage it says that navigon has used about 30% of the total usage upto that point. I have forced the software to stop from the applications list but it is still using battery power.
    Any ideas?
    Obviously some will say to uninstall it but I don't mind it. As a simple navigation tool it works well on my phone.
    Has anyone else had this issue?

Advertisement
  2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

You can try using an app like Startup Manager, it might be loading itself in the background after boot, using this you can disable/re enable individual apps from automatically starting. Good luck and let us know how you make out. :p
    OB
  3. tony_nexus

tony_nexus Member

Hi,
    I've used Navigon for a couple of years. If I haven't been using Navigon, I don't see any battery usage in the batter stats. When you exit from navigation mode, are you backing out navigation and answering the question, something like "do you really want to exit navigation?", then back out of Navigon and answer the question, something like "really want to exit Navigon"? If you just press the home button, Navigon continues to run in the background for awhile. When I press on the Navigon icon, I go right back to the navigation where I left off. In fact if I've stopped enroute to pickup a coffee and have switched to the coffee shop app to pay, I can still hear the Navigon voice giving directions, so it's still running.
  4. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

Yes, I would recommend that you uninstall and use google Maps/Navigation or Waze instead.

No matter what program you use though, make sure you go through settings an adjust them appropriately. Maybe the app is running in the background (as Tony mentions above), or maybe you have allowed it to constantly check your location or for updates. I suggest no matter what navigation app you use, you set the updates, etc as low as possible and make sure you exit when you think you exit (also mentioned by Tony).