1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Navigon app accounting for 92% of battery use despite not using it

Last Updated:

1. jalan94

jalan94 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Re: Navigon MobileNavigator for US Android. I have not used the Navigon program for over 3 days. Phone is an HTC EVO on Sprint running Android 2.2. From the Android Home Screen, when I go to MENU, SETTINGS, ABOUT PHONE, BATTERY, BATTERY USE it shows that my phone has been unplugged for 4 hours 47 min and that NAVIGON has used 92% of my battery so far. The remaining is 2% cell standby, 2% bluetooth, 2% WIFI and 2% phone idle. The package responsible for the 92% battery use is com.navigon.navigator_checkout_us. Why is this app using 92% of my battery life when I haven't used it? When I click on Application Info, the button for Force Close is not available. It is greyed out.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

first, have you tried a battery pull? Second, try uninstalling, then reinstalling the app.

3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

How do you exit the Navigon app: Exit by "close" (X) in the app menu or with the home button of the phone?

Harry

4. jalan94

I always exit with the Exit option within the app. The weird thing is, when I go to running apps and running services, there is nothing showing there indicating that Navigon is running. I also note that there is no entry in the battery use screen for "Android System." Isn't that a must in the battery usage window?

5. ozzzy3z

ozzzy3z Well-Known Member

Interesting. I have Navigon installed and it is not using any battery life when not in use. I agree with sitlet on the battery pull approach followed by an uninstall/reinstall if that doesn't work.

Hopefully you get it worked out because Navigon is a great app.

6. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

The package name sounds like something related to the purchase of the app, not the actual use of it. Is there some sort of authentication of the purchase that needs to be done after installation? If so, perhaps this authentication is failing?

7. jalan94

I was wondering the same thing about the package name, but I purchased this app the day it come out - many weeks ago and there hasn't been an update for many weeks. I've had several reboots since then for sure.