1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Navionics HD app for Nexus 7General

1. CaptHeavy

CaptHeavy New Member

Let me first start off by saying that I purchased the Nexus 7 SPECIFICALLY for the Navionics application. However, upon delivery I notice it isn't available through the Play Store. I've read threads online (and even on this forum) where some people say it's possible by side-loading. I don't know what that means, though.

I can find the application on the Play Store website found here: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/...IxMiwiaXQubmF2aW9uaWNzLnNpbmdsZUFwcFVzYUhEIl0.) However if I buy it from the website how can I get it onto my Nexus?

I don't mind rooting (Though I don't know how, Google will help) if that's what it takes to get this application working.

ANY and ALL help would be helpful.

Advertisement
  2. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

3. mahiwahi

mahiwahi New Member

If you can't get it to work I could recommend a much more economical app that is fully capable of an on the water Chart plotter. I take mine on the boat all the time. Try MX Mariner

You can download region maps including NOAA maps in advance of use. It requires no internet connection once set up (GPS only). I have a GPX file with 480 waypoints off the coast of the Panhandle, FL that is easy updated and imported in the app. It's been dead accurate in my experience. It functions very well on the N7. GPS locks in seconds once the app starts.

It has every feature I would look for in a chartplotter. Their site lists planned future version as well. Im looking forward to anchor watch which will sound an alarm when I float off a wreck.

I hope this helps
  4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

I would highly recommend either emailing navonics or even better yet calling them. Let them know the situation, they may not be aware that a large amount of tablet users can't access the program.
  5. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

This thread is a month old I think he figured it out.