Tips Need a better Email App...suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EvilGuitars, Nov 19, 2013.

1. I've been an HTC guy since the first MyTouch and after going through 3(!) HTC One phones in a month, I jumped ship and went to the Note 3.

(I don't get the hype of the HTC One, it's a nice phone, but the worst battery life, bloatware and call quality ever).

Anyway...I am not a fan of the Note 3 stock email app. Any suggestions on one from the Play Store that can handle AOL and Google email, with multiple accounts...more than 3...

Thx! :D

Advertisement
  2. DaddyWhale

DaddyWhale Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I've been using Aquamail for more than a year and love it. You may need to get the paid version in order to handle more than 2 email accounts. In the past, I've used K-9 and Kaiten. But Aquamail is faster, has a better interface, provides better folder views, etc.

3. pman219

pman219 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Project Manager
    Rochester, NY
    I too am looking for a replacement.
    Anything good that handles outlook natively ?

4. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Male
    Michigan
    I just got aquamail and have to say it's pretty great.

5. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member
    Contributor

Apr 14, 2012
    Male
    South UK
    I think that you don't get the hype because you have a bad device.

I have an HTC One and the battery life is phenomenal. Just have a read of my posts over in the HTC battery thread for details. I'm getting better battery life out of my HTC than I am my Note 3 with the same push mails and notifications. I've been running both side by side for a few days to see.

In my experience, call quality is great, better than my Note 3 in fact, and the bloatware on the Note is on a par with pretty much every high end phone going. For instance, I don't want Evernote, Flipboard, ChatOn, Hangouts, My Magazine and many other apps on my Note 3. I live with them though by disabling all the ones I can and hiding the icons for the rest using Nova prime. On the HTC, I disliked Blinkfeed and hated the fact that in stock Sense UI I had to have it on my springboard, whether I liked it or not.

Back on topic, another vote for Aquamail here too. :)

6. camphill

camphill Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Been using MailDroid for years and have tried numerous others yet always stay with MailDroid.

7. TulsaTime

TulsaTime Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    I am on maildroid too. Have tried several others as well and always come back to maildroid.

8. selmerdave

selmerdave Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Gmail app...

9. Mike 44

Mike 44 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Male
    KCMO
    WOW Just downloaded Aquamail ! Very cool . Now can view my gmail and Aol mail all from one place .

John Jason likes this.
  10. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

May 4, 2010
    Female
    PhiLLy
    People still use AOL mail? :D Just messing with you. I tease my sister about that all the time. Probably cause I haven't used it for maybe 10 yrs now.

11. Bodycount

Bodycount Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    Aquamail here also. One of the few apps I spent money on.

Have it linked to my cable provider email and my work Microsoft exchange email. Works great with both.

12. camphill

camphill Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Tried them all and keep coming back to Maildroid