Need a better Email App...suggestions?Tips

1. EvilGuitars

EvilGuitars Member

I've been an HTC guy since the first MyTouch and after going through 3(!) HTC One phones in a month, I jumped ship and went to the Note 3.

(I don't get the hype of the HTC One, it's a nice phone, but the worst battery life, bloatware and call quality ever).

Anyway...I am not a fan of the Note 3 stock email app. Any suggestions on one from the Play Store that can handle AOL and Google email, with multiple accounts...more than 3...

Thx! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. DaddyWhale

DaddyWhale Active Member

I've been using Aquamail for more than a year and love it. You may need to get the paid version in order to handle more than 2 email accounts. In the past, I've used K-9 and Kaiten. But Aquamail is faster, has a better interface, provides better folder views, etc.

3. pman219

pman219 Well-Known Member

I too am looking for a replacement.
    Anything good that handles outlook natively ?
  4. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

I just got aquamail and have to say it's pretty great.
  5. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

I think that you don't get the hype because you have a bad device.

I have an HTC One and the battery life is phenomenal. Just have a read of my posts over in the HTC battery thread for details. I'm getting better battery life out of my HTC than I am my Note 3 with the same push mails and notifications. I've been running both side by side for a few days to see.

In my experience, call quality is great, better than my Note 3 in fact, and the bloatware on the Note is on a par with pretty much every high end phone going. For instance, I don't want Evernote, Flipboard, ChatOn, Hangouts, My Magazine and many other apps on my Note 3. I live with them though by disabling all the ones I can and hiding the icons for the rest using Nova prime. On the HTC, I disliked Blinkfeed and hated the fact that in stock Sense UI I had to have it on my springboard, whether I liked it or not.

Back on topic, another vote for Aquamail here too. :)
  6. camphill

camphill Well-Known Member

Been using MailDroid for years and have tried numerous others yet always stay with MailDroid.
  7. TulsaTime

TulsaTime Well-Known Member

I am on maildroid too. Have tried several others as well and always come back to maildroid.
  8. selmerdave

selmerdave Well-Known Member

Gmail app...
  9. Mike 44

Mike 44 Member

WOW Just downloaded Aquamail ! Very cool . Now can view my gmail and Aol mail all from one place .
    John Jason likes this.
  10. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

People still use AOL mail? :D Just messing with you. I tease my sister about that all the time. Probably cause I haven't used it for maybe 10 yrs now.
  11. Bodycount

Bodycount Well-Known Member

Aquamail here also. One of the few apps I spent money on.

Have it linked to my cable provider email and my work Microsoft exchange email. Works great with both.
  12. camphill

camphill Well-Known Member

Tried them all and keep coming back to Maildroid