Need a bit of helpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Toasty3000

Toasty3000 Member This Topic's Starter

I was thinking of buying an unlocked G1, and I've been looking at various site's prices. They seem to be anywhere from 300-500 which is pretty expensive.

I found this site (which is chinese btw) called "BangGood" (I know, great name ;) ) that are selling G1s for like 100 bucks unlocked. I'm pretty sure they're not knockoffs, but I want to make sure. The company says they buy them in bulk from the manufacturer at a low price.

Still though, only 100? Could someone check this out and confirm if the phone is the real thing (specs wise).

Here's the link: G1 Dream Cell phone smartphone with Google Android - $89.25

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Poor Knock-off ... Someone else has posted in the forums or on phandroid about this phone ... Dont waste your time or money ... unless you like fake/knock offs..

Better to buy one under contract from Amazon for $98 see the ads on this forum ...

3. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting before buying.

I had the misfortune of seeing one of these things about a month ago. First, always be wary of anything called two distinctly different things; including the "G1 Dream" Second, there is no keyboard. Yeah, that's right, no keyboard. And third; that little trackball you see? Yeah, fake.

The final tell. Look at picture number four. And then look at this.

Don't get swindled.

4. Toasty3000

Toasty3000 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys, everything you pointed out I also noticed and was unsure of.

Sigh... Looks like I will have to go with eBay or Puremobile.ca.

Thanks for your help.