need a caseTips

1. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I"be been using a holster on a front pocket for years. I need a case for the 4 but I'm a little leery. The S loses it (blank screen) if left in the holster too long.

Where do you guys carry the phone and what is a good case. I have room in pockets, but would probably lean or sit on the phone. Bit bulky for front, but possible.

I refuse to carry a bag. That's out. I'm looking, but most seem to be concerned with style.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Android802

Android802 Active Member

Rearth Rinke Slim case. I have it and love it.
  3. zuben el genub

Do you carry it in a pocket? The Vulcan carries the 6085, but that's an old flip phone and small. This 4 is BIG! Do you take it out of a pocket while driving?
  4. stuarta

stuarta Well-Known Member

My Rearth Fusion case just arrived, nice little case. Clear back to show off style, nice grip on bumper. Buttons not as stiff as reports I kept reading mentioned
  5. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Is it just me or do these case makers not list the size of the case? I have the diztronic hard case, diztronic TPU case and LG Nexus bumper.

Hard case is thinnest, but offers very little protection

The TPU case feels too bulky

The bumper is too tall it makes the screen look small and doesn't cover the chrome rim on top or bottom of the phone, but the lip around the phone is thinner and smaller than the TPU case, so it gives it a more sleek look

It just seems like someone needs to make the perfect case, ideally like the diztronic tpu case with a slightly thinner profile. The diztronic tpu case is pretty much exactly twice the size of the phone.

If case makers would list case sizes in millimeters it would be much easier to compare before buying.
  6. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

Would you use a home made cloth pouch and put inside your pants?

On the table, I use it to lay the pouch on the back of the phone.
  7. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

I'm using this case too. I absolutely love it. The official bumper case made the phone feel too wide and the back was still exposed. I liked the clear back so you could still see the nexus logo and the design. My only gripe is indeed the stiff buttons. There's no longer a click when I press them but for the protection and looks, that's something I'm willing to overlook. I've considered just cutting those buttons out and have just a cutout there instead. Of course any case you get will take away, at least partially, the nice edge swipe, however I can still edge swipe pretty well with this case.
  8. zuben el genub

I can make a home made case. I have a pattern for one with a zipper pouch in it for the ladies. You can carry change or your DL. I've made carriers for tablets.

I found a full body locally with a holster. I can't stand putting the phone in my pocket.
    There's usually too much other crap in the front, and while you usually can't see the back pockets due to sloppy long shirts, I'm afraid I'd lean on the phone.

I've seen girls with tight jeans and their Iphone in the back pockets. Asking for it to be swiped.

Thanks anyway
  9. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

I use a poetic case, I saw it here on the forum I like it the buttons move easily and its full protection but clear'ish so the phone looks good. I dont have a problem with the edges whcih is nice. I actually got the case before the phone got here so its been in it from moment one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I usually carry it in a pocket on the side of the leg, cargo pocket? but if I have concerns about it being stolen I carry in the front pocket, but I make sure I am not carrying change or other objects in that pocket.
    I never carry it in my back pocket way to easy to accidentally break it. I had a Motorola razr flip phone, it had a screen on the outside I had it in my back pocket and sat down and broke the outer screen.
  10. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Using my Diztronic smoke TPU for a few months now! no issues...
  11. Krunk83

Krunk83 Well-Known Member

When I get mine I am going to try this.