Need a fast, lightweight 2.1 rom

Last Updated:

1. Adelski

Adelski New Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm testing out Froyo right now on my Hero and although it is pretty much all I could ever want, I still don't believe its completely ready for day to day use for me. That's exactly why I'm coming here with the question: Which lightweight and stable 2.1 rom should I choose for my Hero? I really don't like Sense all that much as it seems to just bog down the phone. I remember trying LauncherPro on the Fresh rom but as soon as I pushed the home button it would switch back to Sense. So anything a bit more permanent in terms of the UI? Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
  2. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Well Darchdroid 2.7 is a 2.1 "vanilla" android rom that is very stable, faster than fresh (OPINION), and I think is considered, for lack of a better phrase, stripped down or barebones. Also, you have to push a camera app to the phone after flashing it so you can get 5mp but that is a simple process I can link you to if you decide to flash the rom.

Also if sense is launching by default after you installed launcher pro, go into settings>applications>manage applications>htc sense>clear defaults. Then press home and select launcher pro as your default.

Best of luck!

3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I've been using crunchy's cSrOm ( buufed) rom for 3 weeks now. I absolutely love it, if youyou're not looking for a themed rom, this probably wouldn't be for you, but you can change the themes now in the recent 2.1.2! It is aosp, very fast and stable. I highly recommend it :)

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I would suggest Darchdroid, it is probably the smallest and fastest rom I've ever used.

5. skoo9382

skoo9382 Well-Known Member

i have never tried the above mentioned roms, and the only reason why i haven't is because i found ZeneXP. i jumped around from fresh to fresh....but so far i love zenexp. although i have heard good things about darchdroid, i just haven't tried it because i'm like zenexp that much.

6. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

I went from Zen to Darch about a month ago. Fresh is pretty good, but Darch - once you get it set up the way you like it - is superior in my opinion. I'm talking speed and features.

7. skoo9382

skoo9382 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "once you get it set up the way you like it" exactly?

i may have to look into darchdroid. Could anyone direct me to a link where i can download and do some research on it?

8. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member