• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need a few Beta testers for a Custom ROM

chaoscentral

Sep 11, 2009
Revere, MA, USA
Ok, so I finally got around to playing with the system dump that was posted by ronaldramsayii, and I have a working ROM that needs a bit of testing. I can load it up and it works 100% complete with AT&T boot screen on my T-Mobile Vibrant :rolleyes: but I would much rather have people with Captivates trying this out and letting me know what does and doesn't work so I can get a stable release that I feel comfortable releasing.

A few requirements
  • Must be comfortable with using Odin
  • Must be familiar with the use of custom recoveries and loading update zips
  • Must be willing to communicate any problems you may encounter
  • Must be willing to lose any data that is not save to their external memory card

Now the part possibly losing saved data that isn't on your external memory card is more of a worst case scenario type deal.(I.E. Something goes wrong with the update zip, and you need to reload back to stock firmware using Odin, and something goes wrong there and wipes your internal SD)

NOTE: Using Odin does NOT delete any data off the internal SD Card

If possible I would like those trying this out to flash back to stock using Odin first then applying the update, to make sure there is nothing on their phones interfering with the ROM.

I'd recommend that you be familiar with loading up the Clockwork custom recovery, and have that already on your phone. As well as making a nandroid backup of your phone prior to any testing and copy it off your memory card and onto your computer, so this way if something does go wrong you can restore, and after all testing is done, you can restore back to your previous setup, etc.

A few details about this ROM
  • Rooted
  • Deodexed
  • Unkown Sources enabled in settings menu
  • Busybox support
  • Removal of AT&T Bloatware
  • GPS Fix

Full instructions and a download will be given to those who are interested and qualify.

Any interested candidates can PM me on here, or send an email to zdoomcentral [at] gmail [dot] com

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones