• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need a good music player

Hi, I got mu thunderbolt 2 days ago I tried some music players, I like them but I need something like the music player from blackberry storm (my last phone. Since I could search the song I wanted to play without scrolling and one very important thing, I need a player that I can change the song with just the volume buttons on the phone(not on screen). Because most of the time (specially at work) with the storm to change the song I only need to hold the volume button for a second and it changes it right away. Right now the only ones I found I have to grab the phone to change it.

any help would be very but very appreciated

Unfortunately, I came from a BB too and loved the song change with volume buttons (and the one click pause button on the top). However, I have not found anything on the android platform that can replicate this (if anyone knows, let me know). I used the atrix before the tbolt and have to say that moto's stock player blew so I switched to winamp. However, after switching to HTC sense, I think the stock player is more than capable and have not found myself in need of switching to any other players. Plus the stock player comes with SRS WOW enhancements which really makse the sound amazing.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I came from a BB too and loved the song change with volume buttons (and the one click pause button on the top). However, I have not found anything on the android platform that can replicate this (if anyone knows, let me know). I used the atrix before the tbolt and have to say that moto's stock player blew so I switched to winamp. However, after switching to HTC sense, I think the stock player is more than capable and have not found myself in need of switching to any other players. Plus the stock player comes with SRS WOW enhancements which really makse the sound amazing.

Yup, That's why I need a player like that really bad since at work because I'm walking most of the time (I only sit down on breaks), plus thanks do the pause button I didn't have to take down my headphones every time my co-workers talked to me.

Upvote 0
I like WinAmp the best. It's kicks the llamas @$$...

I use WinAmp too! It's amazing. There are lockscreen controls which should help you out. The most recent update enables voice commands. Hold the search button and you get the google voice command pop-up. You can say "listen to ..." and it will play that song. Previously, I think only Pandora would work - the stock Music player didn't even do that.

Upvote 0
+1 for PowerAmp. I love that it has an equalizer to help make some of my crappy mp3s sound decent. I haven't found any music players that have the option of using the volume buttons to control music playback. The only thing I know of that has those features is in Cyanogen Mod ROM settings... So hopefully the TB will be getting some CM7 love in the near future and if you root and flash that you'd have that function back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones