Need a known working USB charger on the cheapAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Ryd1ZZ

Ryd1ZZ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my DINK and now I'm thinking of picking up a couple extra USB charging cables for work and the car. Can you all point me in the right direction on KNOWN working USB charging cables. I'm trying to get them on the cheap if possible.

TIA for your help

Advertisement
  2. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I got these from Amazon and they work great. A lot of people will tell you to go to Monoprice but I don't feel comfortable ordering from them.

Ryd1ZZ likes this.
  3. elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet Member

4. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Ryd1ZZ likes this.
  5. Ryd1ZZ

Are the BB cables safe to use? I remember reading a thread about someones phone frying, possibly due to BB charging cable.

6. upther

upther Well-Known Member

They work fine. The guy who posted that thread was a joke so pay not attention to him or it.

Ryd1ZZ likes this.
  7. Ryd1ZZ

Cool, thanks!

8. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

Here's the selection from Monorpice.

I just had a 3-foot and a 6-foot cable delivered from Monoprice yesterday and have tried both already. As expected from monoprice cables, they both work just fine.

I got both cables for exactly $5 including shipping - and I paid more than I had to because when I ordered they were out of the cables without Ferrite cores.

NOTE: I've been shopping at monoprice for a few years now and I still trust them. For those who aren't aware - someone successfully hacked into their servers several months ago and got a bunch of credit card numbers.

That sucks, but I was very impressed with the way monoprice handled the situation. If I remember correctly, they completely shut down their store for a few days. Then they reopened but only accepted payment through paypal (so they weren't getting credit card numbers). After working with security consultants to revamp their protections, they reopened for business as usual.

They were very open with their customers about the entire process.

9. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I was one of those people who had their credit card info stolen. I'd used Monoprice many times before but I'm very gun shy about ordering from them again. There's nothing like coming home at the end of the day, checking your account, and finding a $1000 charge to Chiccos.com to make you a little gun shy about ordering from Monoprice again.

The card I used was my debit card, I don't have any credit cards. So while it was nice that they were up front and apologized, that does nothing to help with the aggravation and inconvenience I had to deal with.