Need a Little Help Getting Back to Stock...

Last Updated:

1. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone help me get back to stock? I've watched the video on the update.zip, but the link isn't working to download the file. I've tried downloading DM Updater, but it keeps telling me to *make sure* to check the box giving it access, but I'm never presented with a box to check. Does anyone have the old 2.0.1 update I could use? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

why? why get back to stock? I DO NOT GET IT!

3. jamo

Well, I'd like to get the OTA, and I also don't like the fact that I can't get back to normal. Something isn't working right, I can't get DM Updater to work and I'm getting an error trying to Flash with ROM Manager.

4. droidftw

droidftw Well-Known Member

What I did is I had a nandroid of droid mod and I restored to that from cyanogen. Then I ised dmuodater to go to stock

5. jamo

I just got my ROM Updater to work again by restoring, but when I chose the option to back up to stock, 2.0.1, it just went back to 2.1??? I'll check and see if I still have a nandroid of dm :(

6. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

There's a pretty good how to over at alldroid. It uses the phone tools that Moto uses to flash updates and whatnot manually over usb. It wipes everything back to out of the box stock.

7. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

I have the unroot update zip, which I downloaded from the rootyourdroid info website when I first rooted. I tried to post it here for you, but got the message that it couldn't be uploaded because a security token was missing. I'm not planning to use it to unroot at this point, but I did use it once a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly. If you want to PM me your e-mail addresss, I'll e-mail it to you.

8. PJay801

PJay801 Member

9. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Try the DM1.1 and 1.0?

as last resort
    This thread will show you how to flash back to stock. I've flashed the Q9c ROM onto my Q9m using this way, it's easy. It's Motorola's tools and the exact file used to competely reset your phone to stock.

READ IT CAREFULLY