Need a little help please

Last Updated:

1. cblanc

cblanc Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all.

After getting fed up waiting for froyo, I decided to debrand and root my desire.

Everything seems to have gone fine, with all the Orange cr@p gone from the phone, wifi working etc

It's telling me the firmware version is 2.1 update 1 and the software number is 1.15.405.4

However.

When I scan for updates, it tells me there is one - to update 1.21.405.2, so I download that, then go to install, which it does for a little while but then the screen changes from an installing pic to one with the phone and a red question mark instead and then the phone just reboots back to before.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some other way for me to get froyo on there?

Thanks all

Chris

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Once you have rooted you can't get OTA updates unless you unroot, just go here to find all the custom roms.

Desire Android Development - xda-developers

cblanc likes this.
  3. cblanc

OK, but I tried updating from a rom and it first says E: can't open /cache/recovery/command and when I try to apply the update, it says E:signature verification failed, installation aborted

Any ideas?

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

You need to select install from sd card not update

cblanc likes this.
  5. cblanc

I seem to have sorted it (to a degree) by using the unrevoked tool. I redid everything with that and then installed the pays-desire rom, which installed fine.

Only problem is now, my market wont work, along with several other apps and bits, but I assume I can fix that by just installing a different rom?

6. cblanc

A little update, installed the latest neophyte rom and everything is working great, it's excellent, thanks everyone that helped