need a solid rooting resourse

Last Updated:

1. mschmid5

mschmid5 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,
    I am wondering what all the hype is over rooting you android. I can say with confidance I am a tech savvy person and yes I do know the term "rooting" but I been reading up on this and I read it could "brick " it if it is not done right. If any one could point me in the right direction to a step by step guide or a good tech site I can take it from there.

Advertisement
  2. carassius

carassius Well-Known Member

While I am by no means an expert, I have heard it is basically impossible to truly brick this phone. If you do encounter problems, there is a great community of people here to answer questions.

Start here...it's the solid resource you're asking for and is stickied right above your post.

http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...de-updated-october-11th-2010-11-05pm-est.html

First and most importantly, once you root be obsessive about making backups because I have definitely gotten numerous bootloops for various reasons. I use clockworkmod via ROM Manager to backup and manage other stuff.

Not a bad idea to get Titanium Backup (TiBU) also.

mschmid5 likes this.
  3. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Yeah its really hard to brick it, but theres always a chance. If you do have a failure we have people on here that knows all the tricks of the trade to get your phone back from the brickyard .

mschmid5 likes this.
  4. mschmid5

mschmid5 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks carassis and dark jedi when i was posting i was on a train i was on my phone while doing this ... lol didnt see the sticky post on that thanks again... is titanimbackup a paid app or is it free, and is it in the market

Thanks again
    Mike

5. GuillotineDream

GuillotineDream Active Member

There is a free and a paid version. Both are available in the market.

mschmid5 likes this.