• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need a step by step unroot guide

erich357

Lurker
Jul 3, 2012
There were a couple things that i need help with that I am having a hard time finding. 1) A step by step guide to unrooting and flashing the stock ROM and Recovery. 2) I need the Stock recovery. It wasn't hard to find the stock ROM because it is all over the internet (or at least the first two pages when i searched GOOGLE) however not looking good as far as the Stock Recovery (so I can replace the CWM recovery that is currently on the phone. I was able to get on SuperOneClick and it says that my phone is UNROOTED and NONE of my ROOT apps would work anymore after I "unrooted" the device. My problem now is I don't want the phone rooted anymore and I want to update to fe16. I currently have the FC17 and I want the update but i get the little android character standing next to the triangle with the exclaimation point in it. I am not sure exactly what I need or don't need but I just want the root gone. At this point it seems more of a hassle, and my patience with working between the programs, the instructions, and the phone, and actually getting things done in the process wear me a little thin. However, getting this thing back to stock once and for all and hopefully in one piece and then being able to update it would be great. Sorry for the long post just really lost in where to find this information and actually getting it in front of me and successfully finished has been a long 2 week rodeo of searching and trying to tackle the situation. Any help is appreciated but I would really like to get-r-done. lol.

Thanks A Lot,
ERIC

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones