Need a step-by-step

Last Updated: 2012-05-26 19:23:37
  1. Krasher

Krasher Well-Known Member

Got a Sprint Marquee, and hate it it because it's so laggy. Glad to see there's been so much work done on it here. But beyond having gotten the phone rooted, I'm having trouble figuring out my next step and parsing the instructions.

So I believe first I'm supposed to put on some kind of recovery rom, right? But the instructions aren't that clear: install from zip isn't enough.

Then after I get that recovery thing on the phone, then I pick a ROM. But again, bit confused about which one and how to do it. The first step in one of the threads was "make backup." Okay, how?

Like I said, I'm rooted but keep getting the update notice, which I've ignored because I understand that will kill the root.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jmedno5891

jmedno5891 Well-Known Member

Go onto the market and download rom manager, Then in rom manager you choose the first option to flash Clockworkmod (this is what is going to let you make back ups). Once you have clockworkmod installed on your phone scroll down a bit in the rom manager menu and choose "Back up current rom". After that you're ready to flash a rom, I believe you should start with one of bloods stock zv4/zvc roms http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/534062-rom-stock-rooted-zvc-zv4-sprint-boost.html so you will get the update without losing your root, then you're pretty much all set and ready to try out all the other cool roms around.
    Krasher likes this.
  3. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

4. tombob

tombob Well-Known Member

Actually, I believe that ROM Manager is now compatible, check this post by Playfulgod: http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...ng-cwm-recovery-v5-0-2-8-a-3.html#post4338683
  5. Krasher

So I installed the Rom Manager, and the first part of the config screen is about recovery. I also need to install Flash ClockworkMod Recovery installed, right? It says "You must have the Clockwordmod Recovery installed to flash and restore ROMS." Not sure how to install CWM, though.
  6. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Well-Known Member

open rom manager, click flash cwm recovery, it will pop up with a list that u will select Lg Marquee. It will then flash the recovery for you. It IS supported on the newest version of Rom Manager downloadable from Play Store
    Krasher likes this.
  7. munguse

munguse Well-Known Member

Yes you can now flash CWM via Rom Manager.

Download one of these 2 roms, whichever you prefer onto your SD card : CTMod 3.6.5 or Stock Rooted.

Then download Rom Manager from the Play Store. After installing Rom Manager you can flash ClockworkMod Recovery onto your Marquee

[​IMG]

Select LGE Marquee version to flash.

Then reboot to recovery using Rom Manager. Instructions on how to flash these 2 roms are listed in their respective threads.
    Krasher likes this.
  8. smokinjoe1979

smokinjoe1979 Well-Known Member

Jaybps3 posted a step by step.....
  9. munguse

munguse Well-Known Member

Edit: Yes indeed the last few steps goes over cwm, it's easier to use Rom Manager though. That step by step is more for those who updated and cannot root.
  10. AkumaX

AkumaX New Member

I have a question: if i go ahead and do CWM and say flash CTMod + 3.2.1 3D Kernel, is Sprint still able to ESN activate rooted/custom ROM phones?
  11. Krasher

Ok, I did it. Installed CTMod and a kernel and all seems to be well!

Thanks so much for the encouragement and advice.
  12. mrtimo

mrtimo Well-Known Member

Yes, I have this question too. When I had the hero, sprint could only activate sense-based hero roms, as the marquee never came with sense, then perhaps yes they can activate rooted roms. Can anyone confirm?