• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need a Video Editor (very specific)

sardonicus87

Dec 16, 2014
I need a simple video tool on Android. I don't mind creating images in another app, but all I need is the ability to put images together in a timeline and set how long they last and to put an .mp3 audio track on it and export as a video file to upload to the YouTube.

Very simple, that is literally the only thing I NEED.

Absolutely no "subscription" apps, though I don't mind paying once for a tool...

Superfluous rant:
[hide] However, the only app that seems to even have this ability has a bunch of stuff I don't need and costs a subscription fee of $2.99 USD/month. I wouldn't mind paying $2.99 flat once for such an app, but no way am I going to pay for that every month. Anyone that pays a monthly fee for such an app is a stupid in my opinion, no matter how much they use it. To me, a subscription use should be for like a dating app or something. You know, something that provides a service rather than simply being a tool.

It's like apps are either free but worthless or way over-priced with a bunch of stuff you'll never use.

"Yeah, we got wings... you want 'plain' or 'blazin hot ghost pepper'? Do we have 'medium' or 'mild'? Pfft, no... you get either 5 'plain' or 100 'blazin ghost pepper'. The 'plain' ones are free and the 'blazin ghost pepper' are $1,000."

Sounds stupid, right? Exactly! [/hide]

I would even pay $5 once for such an app, but I will not subscribe for even $0.99/month to anything, especially when I only need one little thing and/or won't often use it.

There was another app that was free (Video Maker Pro), but it won't work on my phone (just crashes trying to start a new project).

I would love for it to be able to export HD video though (basically to maintain audio quality).

EDIT: I guess the hide/spoiler feature doesn't work for me, bumner.

• Magisto is a no-go. Requires a minimum of 5 Images to create a video and that's just already annoying. I want to be able to use even just ONE image with an audio track. So, too much work for a simple video for my purposes.

• MiniMovie trial limited to 15 seconds and forces you to add a dumb "theme" to your video. Not paying for pro if that doesn't change.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones