Need ADB Help - Problems with format SYSTEM: commands

Last Updated:

1. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Hey can anyone help here? Someone asked for my help and I have reached my ADB knowledge limit and don't want to leave him/her hanging (Some names have been changed to protect the innocent :) )

Any help, I'm sure, would be appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

Just had another though...Did you capitalize SYSTEM, DATA, and CACHE like I have in my post...If you don't use proper capitalization here...it won't work (the colon is required as well).

3. UBRocked

Okay, the person that asked the original question responded to me via PM and said that they don't know if they used caps or not. That definitely would cause the problem but they are heading to bed...where I should be :) . They will try in the AM...well later in the AM...Haha!

I'm sorry if people think this post is irrelevant but I think the information should be sticked. Since I have been formatting my SYSTEM partition before restoring to a new rom...I have had a lot less of FC's, freezes, etc. I think that cleaning out some of the unused files might help a lot of the problems I see on here. Just my .02 cents as always :)

If you have any other thoughts on this, please post it...more info can't hurt!

4. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

hey i tried it and it seemed to have worked..those damn caps lol...im restoring a nandroid backup to get through the night and i will start from scratch tomorrow..will let you know how it goes thanks again for posting this for me and thanks for your help

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

The identity has been revealed!

6. UBRocked

lol

Yeah, I didn't ask if I could post the PM before I did...it was REALLY late so I removed the screen name...just in case. I'd be pissed if someone just posted a PM with my name all over it without asking.

I do think that people should have easy access to this information (formatting SYSTEM...in all caps :) ) Really helped me out a ton when bouncing from different ROM's. Can you help with that (or see the merit in "stickying" a quick how to...I'll write it up.)?

7. Cotys

Cotys New Member

I don't seem to have the format command on either my Nook Color or EVO. Has this changed in later releases of Android? Both my devices are on Froyo.

I seem to have corrupted emmc and even CWM cannot format it. I wanted to try the adb shell command. But not go.....