Need advice on orderingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TnFlapjack

TnFlapjack Active Member This Topic's Starter

Here is my problem. Fed - Ex does not deliver to my house until about 4:00 pm usually. I am going out of town on Thursday, leaving about 2:00. I am afraid if I preorder, I will be gone before Fed-Ex can make the delivery. I will be gone thru the weekend, and really want to take the new phone with me.

There is no corporate verizon store in my small town. There is a privately owned verizon store, but they will not be getting the incredible on Thursday. I spoke with them this morning and they will not be able to get the phone until about Tuesday of next week at the earliest - so that is out.

The closest Best Buy or Verizon Corp. store is a bit over an hour away. Waiting in the store will most likely be another 30 min to hour. I can't leave work for 3 hours. I maybe able to talk my wife into taking the time, but she will be preparing for our trip, so that will be inconvenient at best.

I called the store, they can not hold one for me. They do not have them yet an the rep told me they do not have a system for holding phones. I asked him, due to my drive, if he could personally hold one for an hour but I do not put much stock into that. He did say they were getting 50 in and doesn't expect an immediate sell out.

Does anyone have any advice?

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Do you have a neighbor that can accept the package for you?

3. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

If it was me, i'd either take the chance and go pick it up instore or just wait until you get back. You can always place the order on monday and get it tuesday when you get back. But i wouldn't worry about a phone and let it ruin your vacation. Its just a phone after all, 2 months from now you'll laugh at how much you stressed over it. Not only that what if you go through all that trouble and it turns out to be defective? That would really ruin your vacation. Just take the trip, enjoy yourself and worry about the phone when you get back.

4. TnFlapjack

My nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. I guess I could leave a note for fed-ex and they could take it there, but I won't have it for the trip.

5. TnFlapjack

This is great advice, but I know that while on the trip, if I don't have it, that will be hard also. Thanks for your thoughts.

6. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 Well-Known Member

i once dropped my treo on the hard pavement in hawaii while on vacation. on another trip i got sand in my case and it scratched the screen up. sometimes you're better off without a new phone on vacation. i'm sure once you're at your destination you wont even remember the phone.