Need advice on tablet purchase

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

I have the ipad 2. The only thing I like about it is the battery life. Very frustrated typing on it, filling out forms, etc. I have the Razr Maxx...so I like android. There are just so many choices that I do not know where to begin. Suggestions? Battery life and a good screen for browsing are my main concerns. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. ziffos

ziffos Well-Known Member

I have been through EXACTLY the same process that you are now in.

Based on your requirements there can only be one choice IMO:-

The Asus Transformer Prime (TF201) without the keyboard dock its SUPERB but with the keyboard dock its STUNNING.

Fantastic battery life - superb screen - extremely fast processor.

Good luck with your decision.
  3. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

+1 for the prime. It is an amazing piece of technology.
  4. rcyphermd

Any advantage of asus vs. Galaxy or the new galaxy?
  5. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

I think the main advantage that you would see is the timeliness of update. Asus has a good track record for pushing out updates quickly. Hell, most of their tabs are already running ICS while everybody else is still on 3.2. Given a choice between them and anybody else, I'd pick Asus everytime.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I'm posting this from my Galaxy Tab, which won't be getting a software upgrade anytime soon, if ever again.
  6. rcyphermd

It seems the asus prime is sold out everywhere except for a few on line stores. I guess the new model is due out soon?