Need advice on what keyboard / digital piano to buy / choose! :)

1. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Wazzupp fellow trolls and troglodytes! :)

[​IMG]

I need some help trying to find myself the best digital piano that I should get for my needs!

I have done some research and I think there are some things I need ... but I want to know from some one with experience which way I should go and so any one that know this stuff please help me out!! :D

1) MIDI (Musical instrument digital interface (MIDI) from what I recall???)

(Do I really need another form of connecting up my keyboard to another instrument???)

Personally I don't think I need this :confused:

I really don't think I will need this you know... I just want to play by selfish ass self.

2) Weighted keys.

I think I really need this... I want this from what I hear this will stop my fingers from hurtin with some serious pain...

3) Touch Sensitive...

now from what I have read this is really good because the harder you press the better the sound / deeper or richer the sound?

Is this correct?

4) Polyphony

What is a good polyphony????

I am really clueless on this.

5) KEYS

How many keys is good for just a beginner??

44?

61?

Or how many???

And that is all the info I have gathered so far so good.

You see... I am walking to my Grand parents house to play on my grand mothers "Otto Bach" I am loving it soooo freaking much like you have no idea.

I love this piano like crazy I love the sound it is absolutely beautiful to hear!!

[​IMG]

Look... I know I am not going to get the same sound as this awesome beautiful baby... but beggars can't be choosers right?

I have even made a little song of my own... I decided to call it the "Black Keys" because it only involves the black keys or the sharp keys on the piano! :D

Here it is you are welcome to tell me if it sucks ass or not! ;)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

Stinky Von Stinky ! I see you have a real beaut! Man I love the piano! I have vowed to overthrow Lionel Ritchie some day.

Hey, so you have the pie-annie shown in that-there picture right? And you are looking for a "Casio" type keyboard to practice with?

Dude! For your bestest buddy in the entire troll-luvn world, learn my fav song that sounds great on the piano! "Dont Let The Sun Go Down On Me"! Classic

You do that, and I shall attend your concert
    Stinky Stinky likes this.
  3. Stinky Stinky

Ahhh! :')

Thank you sooo much buddy!! :D

Wow I think you are an awesome vampire Count Rico!! :D:D:D

Yak yak!

Just kidding buddy! ;)

So you think I am not too bad huh? :D

Seriously thank you!

But I am not playing that song 500% perfectly you know? :(

There were many mistakes in that piece of music! :D

lol

You see... from what I have heard you are meant to play the Piano with the left half of the piano for you left hand only... and the entire right half of the piano for your right hand only!!

I cheated and used 2 hands on the left side hahahaha!

xD

I like cheating! :)

Hell ja!

Sure I can try play "Don't let the sun go down on me" for ya buddy!!!

But I will have to learn how to play properly though hahaha!!

YAK YAK!!

:D

Thanks Rico you are a great amigo! ;)
  4. Rico ANDROID

Hey, are YOU left handed? I am and find myself doing the same thing! In fact, not much I can do right handed xD. Hayale, I even drive with my left "feets" (naw, not with t he left foot on the steering wheel :p but find myself fighting to not use the left foot to press the accelerator.
    [​IMG]
    NOW you know this vampire monkey boy got some twisted innards! Heck, even coffee makes me sleepy.

I bet you are great on the picello, I mean, piano! XD.. when you are ready to debut some of your pieces, you should record and upload on youtube so to have a virtual concert on Android Forums!

Totally a Black Tie Event
  5. Stinky Stinky

NO Rico you mindless lunatic! :D

hahah naah not I am not left handed buddy :)

Sorry dude I did not explain myself correctly :)

(I need to go back to grade 2 and learn English again!! ... :D)

I meant to say the left side of the piano (left half of the piano) is for your left hand only ;)

And the other half is for your right hand only, but I play like an idiot because I don't know what I am doing yak yak and use both of my hands on the right side of the piano!! :D

Monty Python - Village Idiots - YouTube

xD

YAK YAK

Thanks Rico you are awesome duuuuuuuuuuude! :D
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  6. Rico ANDROID

ROFL, Sir Stinckter! You know I was just yak-yak-yack'n about the left feets!..you explained it well. Its justmy left-side brain"s" malfunctioning! So you are saying you aint keepng them left and right hands to themselves when you are gitt'n on.dowm, tickling those "ebonirs and ivories"? You ar saying instead of playing all keys to your left with the.left hand and all keys to your right with only the right hand, you instead, are "going AC/DC" on those keys and striking those keys every which way like how I am neating this here drum?

Yup, proper etiquetts is just as you said. ....however....there have beeen some genius greats who play hand over hand as they gliiiiiide through their masterpiece melodies! So, you may be on to something at the onset ,

Take a few formal sessions with a.local instructor and then "let it flow" do what.comes natural and develop your personal compfy flow!
  7. Stinky Stinky

:D

Hahaha :)

Thanks Rico bruizer!

Hopefully I can learn to play my own way like you said! ;)

It is hard trying to play with only the left hand for the left side and right for right only :(

My Grand mother taught me a little on how to play but I don't like that way of using only left for left and right for right haha :D

I am a rebel!!

lol :)

Thanks Rico you are an awesome guy man!

haha I like music :D
  8. Stinky Stinky

Check out my new song!!! :D

I called it "Great Times" because it reminds me of those great times :)

Now I did mess up quite a bit on this song because I am still learning to play lol!

So bear that in mind when hearing me playing on the piano :D

lol I think I suck!

xD

I mess up like 10 billion times!

Yeah... I'm lovin it! ;)
  9. Stinky Stinky

LOL

I guess nobody plays piano on the forums :D

Go suck a lemon :)

If any one has some advice I would be freaking grateful :)

Like yeah
  10. TalnSG

TalnSG New Member

I play keyboards and for the longest time didn't think I wanted a midi, but you might rethink that. A simple smaller keyboard may fit you now, but the longer you play at the more options you will want. Check the cost of the midi set up vs. the electric piano you like best and think of the potential before you decide.

Wieghted keys & Touch sensitive - YES! If you have always played a real piano, you will seriously miss this.

Polyphonic - yes. I won't bore us both trying to explain audio frequencies - just Yes. A system with it is not that much more $ than without it.

How many keys - that's a very personal choice. With a midi you can make more tones with fewer keys. Think how much of a keyboard do you really use most of the time? The only people I know really using all 88 are classical artists, those playing duets on a single keyboard, kids playing games, and some of us who originally played organs with multiple keyboards (we are used to spreading out).

BTW there are times you use the left on the right end and the right on the left end of the keyboard.... not often, but sometimes its the only way to get through the entire composition.
  11. SmallTock

SmallTock Active Member

^^I make dubstep, dnb, garage, and other ambient stuff...I often use both sides of the keyboard at once. I have an MPK88
  12. Stinky Stinky

OH MY WOOORD!

Thank you VERY much for the awesome opinion or great advice! :D

Lets hope it will work out for me ;)

I still haven't got round to buying my personal Digital Keyboard though sigh :(:(

Any way I still using my Grandmothers Otto Bach at the moment :)

lol

Thanks a million guys!

Regards

Stinks
  13. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

what kind of budget are you looking at?

Yamaha makes some pretty nice ones with all you describe and more
    like this one CVP505

I have played on one of these myself, and it is just amazing. It for one felt like a real piano and was easy to use. Many pianos have different instruments that you can use for sounds, but this one has all those and they all sound real. And it has "super articulation" to enhance the sound. Like if you are playing with the flute, the harder to press the key the harder it will "blow" the flute, and if you use one of the guitar settings and play one key and then skip a few a way it will also include a slide that the guitar would make.

but this model isn't cheap in the store I was at it was listed at $8000 but it again was a very nice one. Yamaha put their time into this one, and there are other models that are cheaper that have some of the same features as well.