Need advice please having an issue with Nandroid Backup

Last Updated:

1. virodeath

virodeath Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been swapping around ROMs with ROM manager (Premium) and just recently have noticed the performance of my phone is totally going in the crapper. So I decided I would just go to ROM manager and reboot into recovery and restore back to my original Nandroid Backup with SPrecovery. However when I got to the recovery screen it is totally different than it was after installing the ROM manager. When I try to do a Advance Nandroid Restore I get an error 21 unable to restore and if I try to do a regular restore I get an error 28 unable to restore.

My phone is still working, just real slow so I am not in a hurry to brick the phone, I just want to get it back to my original backup (which I copied onto the computer just in case).

What is the "proper" method of fixing this? I have some ideas but again I am not in a hurry to brick it so I wanted to ask the pro's first.

Viro

Advertisement
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

If you're trying to restore a nandroid backup created using SPRecovery, then you have to flash back to SPRecovery to do so. Did you go into ROM Manager and use "Flash Alternate Recovery" before you attempted to restore?

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Do what GirLuvsDroid said. Rom Manager uses clockwork recovery. Clockwork nandroids dont work with SPR and vice versa.

4. GirLuvsDroid

OMG, OMJ! Your Nick Nolte avatar is hysterical! :D

5. virodeath

Yes I did, I "Flash Alternate Recovery: SPRecovery 0.99.3b" it said it was successful. When I go up to reboot into recovery my default options are:

WOW!

haha I just did it a third time and it took me to the ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 window.. That's odd why would it not work right the first two times... /boggle

Well thank you for responding and forcing me to look a third time!

One thing that I am kinda confused about though since we are on the topic is when I go into recoveryit says on the top ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 then when I go into the "Nandroid" area on the recovery screen and advanced restore then select my oldest restore image WHY do I have to restore "boot, system, data & cache" all separately? Why isn't there an option to do them all at once?

Just seems odd..

Viro

6. GirLuvsDroid

I believe if you go into "Restore" rather than "Advanced Restore" it will restore everything on your selected backup all at once.

7. virodeath

Ahh ok, the instructions I had read for SPRecovery said Advanced Backup so I just always assumed that is where I would want to be even in Clockwork.

Thank you!

Viro