Need advice

Last Updated:

1. 68Novaman

68Novaman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just rooted my Evo on 2. 2 using unrevoked and now I want to know what the best way to go is from here. I'm looking for the phone to run faster and for the screen to be more sensitive with the fps unlocked like I have seen on a few vids on YouTube. thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Well-Known Member

I don't think you can make the screen more sensitive but for those things to work, you may want to download another ROM and install. I recommend installing CyanogenMod for the Evo. It's fast and the FPS is unlocked, for me, the max FPS was 52!

3. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Flashing a custom kernel will unlock your FPS and allow you to overclock via SetCPU or OCwidget.

I agree that you probably can't make your screen more sensitive and have it remain functional but you can unlock 5 point multi touch. FPS does not depend on the ROM, it depends on the kernel. I am getting around 53 on VirusROM with the BFS #9 kernel.

4. 68Novaman

So if I want my FPS unlocked which is the best kernal to run to do so and is there a tutorial on how to do it?

5. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I am currently running King's BFS #9 and it is my favorite up to this point. Some people perfer his CFS kernels while others prefer Netarchy's kernels. All of them are pretty solid and will remove the FPS cap, it is just a matter of which one runs best on your phone, it seems everyone has a different experience.

To flash a kernel
    1. Boot into recovery
    2. Perform nand backup
    3. Wipe cache & dalvik cache
    4. Install kernel from SD card
    5. Reboot

68Novaman likes this.
  6. 68Novaman

Ok and I am I correct when I say that I do NOT need a custom Rom to run a custom kernal? And any way you could give me a link to the kernal your using so I can give it a try.

7. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

8. 68Novaman

Got it to work with that kernal! Thanks for all the help guys!!! Really appreciate it. Gonna test it out now. Did some testing and this Rom is AMAZING. I love it!!