• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Advise on Reinstalling and Factory Reset

Hello everyone,

I have had my HTC Desire C for a while. I've noticed over time it has become less reliable and a lot more slow. I've tried Factory Resetting my phone but each time, it still leaves all my old apps and my Phone Memory appears to be mostly full.

I have done the Root on my HTC Desire C following various videos on YouTube. After it became unlocked, I experienced difficulty after that.

What I would like to do is simply wipe and reinstall Android onto my phone. A newer version if compatible. I need a fresh copy. I would like to increase the speed. Also if possible I would like to get it so I can install more apps onto my SD Memory Card instead of the Phone's Memory.

Now, I'm not very good at this kind of stuff. Could someone please carefully explain what I would have to do? Step by step. On the Boot, I used BootManager and FastBoot but that didn't seem to work for me. I am not aware about Boot ROMS and that stuff for phones. Please share photos, guidelines, videos to help.

Many thanks, Bradley.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones