need alarm help. or a wake up alarmGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I upgrade from a blackberry storm to the eris and I'm looking for an alarm app that could turn the phone on when its time to get up. My blackberry had the capability of being turned off but would turn back on when the alarm went off. Does the eris have this capability or is there an app out there for this.

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

3. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

use digital clock + digital clock widget

4. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

i think he wants to power down his phone and then have the alarm power it back up when the alarm is going to go off.

youd have to set it to go off 10 minutes before you actually need to get up if thats the case.

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

He wants his phone to turn itself back on at a certian time and then wake him up? I dont think thats possible.

6. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

7. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

If you're one of those people that likes to hit snooze a lot I would recommend math alarm that wont let you hit the snooze unless you solve a math problem therefore actually waking you up. It costs $1.99 but I think its well worth it. And I haven't had any problems with it so Id check it out. Just go to market and look up "math alarm" should be the first one if i remember right.

...Nvm I just read and this is not what you're looking for but I'll leave it for someone else to find.

8. mach1man

Yes I want to be able to power down the phone and then have the alarm power the phone back on when its time to get up. My blackberry storm was capible of doing this I just don't know if the eris is or if an app will allow it too.

9. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If I remember correctly, BlackBerries don't really power off the same way that Android phones do. With a BlackBerry you can turn the phone off and it will shut down all the connections and turn off specific parts of the phone, but it isn't really off off. You actually have to pull the battery to turn the phone completely off. With an Android phone you can actually just turn the phone off without having to pull the battery. With your phone off, nothing is running, because of that difference I am not so sure that you can get what you are looking for.

To make things easier, what are you trying to accomplish by turning the phone off at night?

10. mach1man

I'm really just trying to save the battery. I run like 88% awake and Idk if that's bc I hardly turn my phone off. The battery life sucks and I have done the message fix and changed screen brightness turned wi-fi and Bluetooth off.

11. Drumminraider204

Drumminraider204 Well-Known Member

App Alarm its loud and launches pandora. I would just turn off your ringer and then turn up your media volume