• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need an App that support end-to-end encrypted SMS

DrMethyl

Lurker
Jan 15, 2016
Hello,

I need an App to send end-to-end encrypted SMS. A friend suggested me to use SMS Secure which is, I agree, a very good app, but the drawback is it works through regular SMS service instead of the internet.

So I am looking for an App that works through internet like whatsapp but support the end-to-end encryption because I dont want to pay for every sms I send.

What i need :

- End-to-end encryption
- Free is better
- PGP-style assymetric keys would be perfect
- non-centralised

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance for the help

Yes exactly. I've just seen Bleep can send messages but I have some doubt about the app because the latter is not Opensource and the app is free. Bittorrent is a company and I think it can register the calls and message to sell my info. What do you think about that ? Is there any good alternative to it ?

Upvote 0
Hello,

I need an App to send end-to-end encrypted SMS. A friend suggested me to use SMS Secure which is, I agree, a very good app, but the drawback is it works through regular SMS service instead of the internet.

So I am looking for an App that works through internet like whatsapp but support the end-to-end encryption because I dont want to pay for every sms I send.

What i need :

- End-to-end encryption
- Free is better
- PGP-style assymetric keys would be perfect
- non-centralised

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance for the help
Try signal. It's in the play store

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones