need an ebook reader that definately handles chm

1. onnajiuba

onnajiuba Member

Hi guys,

I've just purchased a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and i'm pretty new to the whole android thing (have only used blackberry smartphones previously). I have a number of textbooks in my dropbox folder in chm format that I would like to be able to access on my tab. Unfortunately the default reader doesn't seem to recognise the format. I've downloaded all kinds of different ones (CHM reader, Best Book Reader, A reader) yet none of them so far have managed to be able to read the files. Is there an ebook app out there that definately handles both PDF, chm and other formats? Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Cool Reader and iReader read .chm and other eBook formats :) , but no .pdf

Harry
  3. onnajiuba

onnajiuba Member

No they don't work either!
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Can you read them on PC?

EDIT: ... and if you tried all this readers only with one file, this file could be corrupt.

Harry
  5. onnajiuba

onnajiuba Member

Ye works fine on the computer using a chm reader I downloaded, so I don't think the problem is with the file
  6. Check it. Try another file.
  7. onnajiuba

onnajiuba Member

I can't try another file because the chm files don't even show up. That's the problem. When I try to import files from my dropbox folder the only files visible are the pdfs,. All the chm file are nowhere to be seen. But I know they work because at home on my PC I can play them no problem
  8. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I think, the one file on your tab is corrupt.
    For testing you should copy the file from your tab to the PC and then try to read it on PC.

Harry
  9. onnajiuba

onnajiuba Member

The file isn't on my tab though, its in my dropbox folder which is stored online. Its the same folder I access via my PC so if it plays on my PC then surely the file can't be corrupt
  10. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I think you need to download the folder first to the phone. I use iReader with 200mb chm files.
  11. icewalkleader

icewalkleader New Member

I have the same problem as you.

I think it is a problem of Dropbox for android. It is too stupid, have no idea about how to export chm file to another application.

Now, I use a work around: tap the blue down arrow button (at the right side of file item, in dropbox list), select "more" in popup menu, then select "export", then export the chm file to Moon+ Reader's folder.