• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Need app Dev Advice pls

can I use Aide?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nope

• maybe

• Total voters

jash

Lurker
May 8, 2015
Hi everyone, I need advice about app dev but I hardly no where to start, so here is my knowledge bg: I know c++ / JAVA / xml mostly. I'm not an expert, but I have written many programs and games that involve intense math/logic and I find that the easy part. I used to feel stuck like I am now until I found Dark gdk, after that I could do anything I wanted until apps came along. Now I've learned java and xml pretty well but I hardly know where to start making an app because the xml and java must be used together and idk how to do that completely. I have Aide dev environment for my phone, which would be ideal for me unless you think I need to make apps on a desktop. Here is my problem: I know how to manipulate existing app code, but the functions etc available to be called I have no way of finding. Where do I get this info, like if I want a button, how do I know what code (like a button) is in the android libraries? It's almost as if you're just supposed to know this. Dark gdk made it easy, all the fuctions available were listed in the help file and explained. So is there something similar for making apps? My programs will require math, pictures, buttons, and basic string manipulation, and that's pretty much it. How can I get started? I've read countless help tutorials that get me nowhere. Please help, I'm stuck badly. This is the only thing I have ever had trouble learning. THX!!!!!

Thanks for the welcoming. I've searched through the link, so far haven't found what I'm looking for. Btw guys, I forgot to mention that dark gdk is for games and is relatively simple. Maybe what I need is something similar for apps because my app(s) will require many of the same elements as a game.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones