• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need app for EXTREMELY simple task

TK423

Lurker
Jul 27, 2010
I need an app that does an extremely simple task and despite looking all over the place I can't find one that can do it.

I simply need my phone to vibrate for half a second once every ten seconds for ten minutes.

It's for tension release and meditation purposes.

I've found apps that ring bells and make obnoxious Tibetan Monk-esque noises but that actually makes it distracting and defeats the purpose.

Any help is extremely appreciate. Thank you very much.

I need an app that does an extremely simple task and despite looking all over the place I can't find one that can do it.

I simply need my phone to vibrate for half a second once every ten seconds for ten minutes.

It's for tension release and meditation purposes.

I've found apps that ring bells and make obnoxious Tibetan Monk-esque noises but that actually makes it distracting and defeats the purpose.

Any help is extremely appreciate. Thank you very much.

Easy: I would get my fav vibrator app (...) and make a script with Tasker to set it off like I want.

Upvote 0
Any advice or tutorials on how one would actually go about doing that?

Try the Tasker forum under Applications.

http://androidforums.com/tasker/

It would be something like:

Create a Tasker widget
Create a task

Start the vibrator app
Wait a half second
Stop the app
Wait nine and a half seconds

Repeat for ten minutes.

But you have to find a vibrator app that doesn't require tapping on a choice to start.

* Tasker has vibrate under alerts. This will be really easy but I can't get the widget to work.

Upvote 0
I had Tasker turned off. The widget only works when Tasker is on.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347637046308.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347637046308.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones